Highlight any five unfair practices used by the President of Zimbabwe to win the elections.
Answer to be written in the exam:
Unfair practices used by President Robert Mugabe:
- His government c hanged the constitution several times to increase the powers of the President and make him less accountable.
- Opposition party workers were harassed and their meetings were disrupted.
- Public protests and demonstrations against the government were declared illegal.
- There was a law that limit the right to criticize the President.
- Television and radio were controlled by the government.
- Government harassed those journalists who went against it.
- The government ignored some court judgments that went against it and pressurised judges.
*Write Any 5 points