The central location of India at the head of the Indian Ocean is considered of great significance. Why?
Answer to be written in exam :
India is A southward extension of the Asian subcontinent.
- Trans-Indian Ocean routes connect the countries of Europe in the West and the countries of East Asia which provides a strategic location to our country.
- The passes across the mountains in the North have provided passages to the ancient travellers. These routes have contributed to the exchange of ideas and commodities since ancient times.
- The ideas of Upanishads, Ramayana, the stories of Panchatantra, the Indian numerals and the decimal system could thus reach many parts of the world. Spices, muslin and other merchandise were taken from India to different countries. On the other hand, influence of Greek sculpture, their architectural styles of domes and minarets, can be seen in India.
- It has a long land frontier that is about 15,200 km . It also possesses a coastline which is about is 7,516.6 km including the Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep.
- Its natural frontiers like the Himalayas in North and the Deccan Peninsula provides it a unique identity on globe.