Daily weather reports carry information about the weather, such as - minimum and maximum temperatures, as well as humidity, likelihood of rain and other such parameters- over the past 24 hours .
- These are prepared by scientists ( called meteorologists ) of the meteorology department of the government
- The highest temperature reached during a day is called the maximum temperature .
- The lowest temperature reached during the day is called the minimum temperature .
- The maximum temperature of the day generally occurs in the afternoon and minimum temperature of the day generally occurs in early morning .
- It is measured with the help of a special thermomete r called maximum and minimum thermometer .