The day to day condition of the atmosphere at the place and time with respect to temperature, pressure , humidity, wind speed and wind direction, sunshine , clouds , rainfall (or snowfall) is called weather at that place and time.
Different atmospheric conditions
- Hot -Iit is hot in summer
- Cold - It is cold in winter
- Sunny - At daytime
- Cloudy - When there are clouds in the sky
- Foggy - On winter mornings, when fog covers the landscape
- Dry - In desert areas
- Humid - On rainy days, or near coastal areas
- Windy - When wind is blowing at high speeds
- Rainy - When it rains/is about to rain
So, is the weather at a place always the same?
No, it varies over short periods of time.
For Example -
- Sometimes it is sunny in the morning, but clouds can suddenly appear.
- It sometimes also suddenly starts raining heavily or heavy rains may give way to rainbows and bright sunshine.
- The time of sunsets and sunrises vary over the year due to changes in seasons.
- The sun rises earlier in summers , and later during winters .
- It also sets later in summers , and earlier in winters .
- This causes our days to be longer or shorter in different seasons too.