Transportation is the movement of goods and people from one place to another.
Different Modes of Transport:
- Before the discovery of wheels , the common modes of transportation included walking on feet, using animals and for transportation through water, boats were used
- Invention of wheels made great changes in the mode of transport and the wheel designs kept on increasing. Animals were still used to pull carts that moved on wheels.
- These were the main modes of transport until the beginning of the nineteenth century. After that, steam engines were discovered and there were steam driven carriages and wagons.
- After that came automobiles such as motor cars, trucks and buses.
- Motorised ships and boats were used for transportation on water.
- In the early 1900s, aeroplanes were discovered.
- Nowadays, we have electric trains, monorails, supersonic aeroplanes and spacecraft.