Muscles are soft tissues . Muscles are the part of the body that help in bringing body movements.Muscles move body parts by contracting and then relaxing .
Muscles may be attached to bones, (humans) or may work alone (earthworm) .
- Muscles are fibrous tissues in the body that have the ability to contract.
- When contracted the muscle becomes shorter, stiffer and thicker.
How do Muscles work?
- They work in pairs , when one muscle contracts, the bone is pulled in that direction, the other muscle of the pair relaxes.
- A muscle can only pull , it cannot push.
- Two muscles work together to move a bone.