How to separate a mixture of oil and water?
- Two immiscible liquids, oil and water, can be separated using a separating funnel.
- Take the liquids in the funnel.
- Now we can see the formation of two layers of oil and water.
- The denser liquid sinks to the bottom and other liquid is at the top.
- A conical flask is placed at the bottom to collect the denser liquid.
- The valves allow you to control when and how the liquid is let through down to the conical flask.
Method of separation of mixture