Solutions of Chapter 9 Sequences and Series of Class 11 NCERT book available free. All exercise questions, examples, miscellaneous are done step by step with detailed explanation for your understanding.
In this Chapter we learn about Sequences
Sequence is any group of numbers with some pattern.
Like 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, ....
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
In this chapter we learn
- What a sequence is - and what is finite, infinite sequence, terms of a sequence
- What a series is - it is the sum of a sequence
- Denoting Sum by sigma Σ, and what it means
- What is an AP (Arithmetic Progression) is, and finding its nth term and sum
- Inserting AP between two numbers
- What is Arithmetic Mean (AM), and how to find it
- What is a GP (Geometric Progression) is, and finding its nth term and sum
- Inserting GP between two numbers
- What is Geometric Mean (GM), and how to find it
- Relationship between AM and GM
- Sum of special series
- Finding sum of series when nth term is given
- Finding sum of series when nth term is not given
Check out the solutions below by clicking an exercise, or a topic