According to Rule 158 of Central Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha :
- On an application filed electronically by a taxable person, in FORM GST DRC- 20, seeking extension of time for the payment of taxes or any amount due under the Act or for allowing payment of such taxes or amount in instalments in accordance with the provisions of section 80, the Commissioner shall call for a report from the jurisdictional officer about the financial ability of the taxable person to pay the said amount.
- Upon consideration of the request of the taxable person and the report of the jurisdictional officer, the Commissioner may issue an order in FORM GST DRC- 21 allowing the taxable person further time to make payment and/or to pay the amount in such monthly installments, not exceeding twenty-four, as he may deem fit.
- The facility referred to in sub-rule (2) shall not be allowed where-
- the taxable person has already defaulted on the payment of any amount under the Act or the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 or the Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 or any of the State Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, for which the recovery process is on;
- the taxable person has not been allowed to make payment in installments in the preceding financial year under the Act or the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 or the Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 or any of the State Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017;
- the amount for which installment facility is sought is less than twentyâ€“five thousand rupees.