Name of Service
Service Receiver who deposits service tax
Goods transport agency’s services:
Factory (registered under or governed by the Factories Act, 1948.)
Society Cooperative Society Dealer Registered under Excise(First Stage dealer/Second Stage Dealer)
Body Corporate Partnership firm (whether registered or not)
(There is 70% abatement also)
When is Service Tax Exempt for Goods Transport Agency?
Following Items Exempt Without Limit
- Milk, salt, food grains including flours, pulses, rice. ( Updated budget 2015-effective from 1st April, 2015).
- Agricultural produce
- Good transport service for transport of export goods by road from place of removal to inland container depot, a container freight station, a port or airport, land customs station.
- Defense or military equipment
- Cotton, ginned, bailed ( budget 2014 changes.)
- Relief materials meant for victims of natural or man-made disasters, calamities, accidents or mishap
- Chemical fertilizer and oli cakes.
- Newspaper or magazine registered with registrar of newspaper.
Service tax is exempt if
Freight Charges per truck is upto 1500
Freight Charges per Consignee is upto 750
(If freight bill is upto 750,no service tax)