Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is one of the successful steps to increase literacy rate. Describe its features and its importance for fighting social and economic problems.
Explain any three significant steps taken by the government under ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.'
Points to remember
The most important features of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan are as follows:
- Children in the age group of 6–14 years were aimed towards providing elementary education.
- This initiative was aimed to achieve the goal of universalisation of elementary education.
- Bridge courses and back-to-school camps had been initiated.
- The Mid-day meal scheme had been implemented.
- These policies could increase the literate population of India.