Explain the economic conditions of the village Palampur.
Points to remember:
Answer to be written in the exam:
- Palampur village has about 450 families belonging to several different castes . The 80 upper-caste families own the majority of the land in the village.
- Some of the houses are quite large and are made of brick with cement plastering.
- The SCs comprise one-third of the population and live in one corner of the village and in much smaller houses, some of which are made up of mud and straw.
- Most of the houses have electricity connection. Electricity powers all the tube wells in the fields and is used in various types of small businesses.
- Palampur has two primary schools and one high school. There is a primary health centre run by the government and one private dispensary where the sick people are treated.