Read the given extract and answer the questions
He won’t do what you tell him.
So, come, let’s build strong homes,
Let’s joint the doors firmly.
Practise to firm the body.
Make the heart steadfast.
Do this, and the wind will be friends with us.
What does the poet say about the wind in the first line?
- a) He will do what you tell him
- b) He won’t do what you tell him
- c) He will do what he wants
- d) He won’t do what he wants
Answer written by student:
b) He won’t do what you tell him
Step-by-Step explanation: 📝
- The poet is talking about the wind's nature. 👉
- He says that the wind is stubborn and disobedient. 😒
- He uses the word 'won't' to show that the wind refuses to listen to anyone. 👂
- The other options are wrong because they do not match what the poet says. ❌
- Therefore, the correct answer is b) He won’t do what you tell him. ✅
What does the poet suggest to do in the second and third lines?