How do elephants living in the tropical rainforest adapt?
The elephant has adapted to the conditions of the rainforest in many ways.
- It has a trunk that it uses as a nose. This provides it with a strong sense of smell .
- The trunk is also used for picking up food .
- Its tusks are modified teeth . These can tear the bark of trees that an elephant eats. So, the elephant is able to handle the competition for food very well .
- Large ears of the elephant help it to hear even very soft sounds .
- They also help the elephant to keep cool in the hot and humid climate of the tropical rainforest.