- Blue vitriol is another name for Copper Sulphate solution.
- When an Iron nail/blade is dropped into the Copper Sulphate solution, the solution will change its colour to green .
- The now-green solution is called Iron Sulphate .
- The copper will get deposited on the iron nail/blade in a red-brown coating .
- This process is an example of chemical change .
- It is irreversible .
Reaction of Copper sulphate with iron
Copper sulphate solution (blue) + Iron → Iron sulphate solution (green) + Copper (brown deposit)