Since, it is known that plants and animals living in soil and water require also oxygen to survive , therefore it must be present there.
Activity to show that Air is contained in Water
- Take some water in a container.
- Heat the water.
- Before the water begins to boil we see tiny bubbles in the container.
- These bubbles have air dissolved in water.
Note - Air dissolved in water helps aquatic animals like fish to breathe.
Activity to show that Soil is contained in Water
- Take some lump of soil in a beaker.
- Add Water.
- We see bubbles coming out of soil.
- This indicates the presence of air in the soil.
Note- This air helps the animals living in the soil to breathe.
For Example - Earthworms.