What is the need for a system of control and coordination in an organism?
- The body of most organisms is very complex .
- We have various organs and organ systems working together to regulate bodily processes and our actions.
- These processes need to be controlled and coordinated to ensure proper functioning and survival of the organism.
- If we take the example of human beings; Specialized tissues are used for control and coordination. These tissues are nervous tissues and muscular tissues.
- The voluntary and involuntary actions are controlled by the transmission of signals through neurons which make up nerves in the nervous system.
- The glands in the endocrine system produce and secrete chemical compounds called hormones that help in the overall growth and development of the body.