Get NCERT solutions of all examples, exercises of Chapter 13 Class 12 Probability with detailed explanation. Formula sheet also availble. It is Chapter 13 of the NCERT book of Class 12.
We started learning about Probability from Class 6,
we learned that Probability is Number of outcomes by Total Number of Outcomes.
In Class 11, we learned about Sample Space, Events, using Sets.
In this chapter, we will learn about
- Conditional Probability - Finding probability of something when an event has already occured. For example - finding probability of 4 coming in second throw of die if 6 has come in first throw. We also discuss its formula and application
- Independent events - We learn to differentiate between dependent and independent events
- Multiplication rule of probability - We learn about dependent and independent events, and that multiplication rule is only used for Independent Events
- Basic Probability - We solve questions using basic formula - Number of outcomes/Total Outcomes to find Probability, set theory, and permutation and combination to find probability.
- Theorem of total probability - We use the formula P(A) = P(B) P(A|B) + P(B') P(A|B')
- Bayes theorem - Finding probability when an event has already happened
- Random Variable - Writing random variable
- Probability distribution - Finding probability distribution of random variable, and finding its mean (or expectation)
- Variance and Standard Deviation of a Random Variable - Finding variance and standard deviation using probability distribution
- Bernoulli Trials - Checking if an event is a bernoulli trial
- Binomial Distribution - For Bernoulli Trial, finding probability using Binomial Distribution
Check the detailed from Concept wise or check examples and exercises the NCERT Way.
Click on a topic below to start