According to Rule 133 of Central Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha :
- The Authority shall, within a period of three months from the date of the receipt of the report from the Director General of Safeguards determine whether a registered person has passed on the benefit of the reduction in the rate of tax on the supply of goods or services or the benefit of input tax credit to the recipient by way of commensurate reduction in prices.
- An opportunity of hearing shall be granted to the interested parties by the Authority where any request is received in writing from such interested parties.
- Where the Authority determines that a registered person has not passed on the benefit of the reduction in the rate of tax on the supply of goods or services or the benefit of input tax credit to the recipient by way of commensurate reduction in prices, the Authority may order-
- reduction in prices;
- return to the recipient, an amount equivalent to the amount not passed on by way of commensurate reduction in prices along with interest at the rate of eighteen per cent. from the date of collection of the higher amount till the date of the return of such amount or recovery of the amount including interest not returned, as the case may be, in case the eligible person does not claim return of the amount or is not identifiable, and depositing the same in the Fund referred to in section 57;
- imposition of penalty as specified under the Act; and
- cancellation of registration under the Act.