According to Rule 62 of Central Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha :
- Every registered person paying tax under section 10 shall, on the basis of details contained in FORM GSTR-4A, and where required, after adding, correcting or deleting the details, furnish the quarterly return in FORM GSTR-4 electronically through the common portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the
- Every registered person furnishing the return under sub-rule (1) shall discharge his liability towards tax, interest, penalty, fees or any other amount payable under the Act or the provisions of this Chapter by debiting the electronic cash
- The return furnished under sub-rule (1) shall include the -
- invoice wise inter-State and intra-State inward supplies received from registered and un-registered persons; and
- consolidated details of outward supplies made.
- A registered person who has opted to pay tax under section 10 from the beginning of a financial year shall, where required, furnish the details of outward and inward supplies and return under rules 59, 60 and 61 relating to the period during which the person was liable to furnish such details and returns till the due date of furnishing the return for the month of September of the succeeding financial year or furnishing of annual return of the preceding financial year, whichever is earlier.
Explanation.â€“ For the purposes of this sub-rule, it is hereby declared that the person shall not be eligible to avail of input tax credit on receipt of invoices or debit notes from the supplier for the period prior to his opting for the composition scheme.
- A registered person opting to withdraw from the composition scheme at his own motion or where option is withdrawn at the instance of the proper officer shall, where required, furnish the details relating to the period prior to his opting for payment of tax under section 9 in FORM GSTR- 4 till the due date of furnishing the return for the quarter ending September of the succeeding financial year or furnishing of annual return of the preceding financial year, whichever is earlier.