Describe how crystals of copper sulphate are prepared.
Crystals of copper sulphate are prepared by the method of crystallisation .
The process is as follows:
- Take a cup-full of water in a beaker .
- Add a few drops of dilute sulphuric and heat it .
- When it starts boiling, add copper sulphate slowly .
- Continue adding copper sulphate till no more powder gets dissolved .
- Filter and allow the solution to cool .
- Looking at the solution after some time, we see the crystals of copper sulphate .