You are given an iron strip. How will you make it into a magnet?
In order to make a magnet out of an iron strip, we would need an iron strip and a bar magnet.
The following are the steps to make a magnet from an iron strip.
- Take a rectangular piece of iron . Place it on the table. Now take a bar magnet and place one of its poles near one edge of the bar of iron.
- Without lifting the bar magnet , move it along the length of the iron bar till you reach the other end.
- Now, lift the magnet and bring the pole (the same pole you started with) to the same point of the iron bar from which you began.
- Move the magnet again along the iron bar in the same direction as done before.
- Repeat this process about 30-40 times.
- Bring a pin or some iron filings near the iron bar to check whether it has become a magnet.
- If not, continue the process for some more time.
Remember that the pole of the magnet and the direction of its movement should not change.