Since NCERT Books are changed, we are still changing the name of content in images and videos. It would take some time.
But, we assure you that the question is what you are searching for, and the content is the best -Teachoo Promise. If you have any feedback, please contact us.
You are given an iron strip. How will you make it into a magnet?
In order to make a magnet out of an iron strip, we would need an iron strip and a bar magnet.
The following are the steps to make a magnet from an iron strip.
- Take a rectangular piece of iron . Place it on the table. Now take a bar magnet and place one of its poles near one edge of the bar of iron.
- Without lifting the bar magnet , move it along the length of the iron bar till you reach the other end.
- Now, lift the magnet and bring the pole (the same pole you started with) to the same point of the iron bar from which you began.
- Move the magnet again along the iron bar in the same direction as done before.
- Repeat this process about 30-40 times.
- Bring a pin or some iron filings near the iron bar to check whether it has become a magnet.
- If not, continue the process for some more time.
Remember that the pole of the magnet and the direction of its movement should not change.