What is Tooth Decay and state its causes?
- If we do not clean our teeth after eating then many harmful bacteria may begin to live and grow on it .
- These bacteria break down sugar present in leftover food and release acid which damages the teeth . This is known as tooth decay.
- Chocolates, Sweets and Soft drinks are the major causes of Tooth decay.
How can we prevent Tooth decay?
Tooth decay can be prevented by taking the following precautions:
- We should rinse the mouth thoroughly after every meal.
- We should clean our teeth with a toothbrush or Datun and use dental floss (a special strong thread which is moved between the teeth) at least twice a day.
- We should eat less sugary foods such as sweets, chocolates, ice cream and soft drinks.
- We should not put any dirty fingers or unwashed items in our mouth.