Name the technique to separate
(ii) salt from sea-water,
(ii) Salt from sea-water - Crystallization
- It is a process that separates pure solid from an impure solution in the form of crystals.
- In this case, sea water is heated in an open container. Then it is left to cool .
- After some time, pure salt is obtained in the form of crystals .
Or simple Evaporation may also be used.
- Sea water is left in an open pit / container for evaporation
- When the water evaporates , pure salt is left behind in the container
salt is separated from sea-water.