Name the technique to separate - Salt from Sea-water
There can be two methods
Let's look at both of them
- It is a process that separates pure solid from an impure solution in the form of crystals.
- In this case, sea water is heated in an open container. Then it is left to cool .
- After some time, pure salt is obtained in the form of crystals .
By simple Evaporation
- Sea water is left in an open pit / container for evaporation
- When the water evaporates , pure salt is left behind in the container
salt is separated from sea-water.