Explain the following terms in short.
Answer to be written in the exam:
- It means Before Christ
- It is used to label the years before the birth of Jesus Christ .
- For example , 500 BC means 500 years before Christ was born.
- It means Anno Domini, which is Latin for “ in the year of the Lord .
- It is used to label the years after the birth of Jesus Christ .
- For example , AD 500 means 500 years after Christ was born.
- It means a way of writing that uses symbols to represent letters or signs.
- For example , the script used to write English is called the Roman script .
- Another example would be, Devnagri is a script in Hindi.
- It means the process of finding out the meaning of a script or a language that is not understood.
- For example, the decipherment of the Egyptian hieroglyphs was done by using the Rosetta Stone.
- It means Common Era
- It is used as an alternative to AD
- For example, CE 500 means the same as AD 500.