Get NCERT Solutions and Notes of Chapter 4 Class 8 - Materials: Metals and Non-Metals at teachoo.
Here, we first explain the concepts, and then you do the questions related to the concept - both NCERT Questions, as well as extra questions which we have made for you.
In this chapter, we will learn
- What are Metals, Non-Metals and their examples
- What are metalloids
- Physical Properties of Metals and Non Metals - like malleability, ductility, etc.
- Then, we look at some Chemical Properties of Metals and Non-Metals, like
- Reaction of Metals and Non-Metals with Oxygen
- Reaction of Metals and Non-Metals with Water
- Reaction of Metals and Non-Metals with Acid
- Reaction of Metals and Non-Metals with Base
- Reactivity Series, and Displacement Reaction
- Comparing different chemical properites of both Metals and Non-Metals
- And, finally, different uses of both metals and non-metals
- In addition to this, we also see some exceptions, like
- Some metals are soft
- Rusting of iron and copper.. and how it occurs
- Why are some non metals stored in water
All NCERT Questions are also solved, you can check them out by clicking the link of NCERT Questions below.
There are some practice questions for you as well.
We suggest you start with the concepts. and then go further
Click on a link below