Learn the chapter Microorganisms: Friend and Foe with Notes, solutions to NCERT Questions and Extra Questions. It is Chapter 2 Class 8 Science of the NCERT Book.
In this chapter, we will learn
- What are Microorganisms?
- Different Types of Microorganisms - like Bacteria, Protozoa, Algae, Fungi and Virus. Their figure, examples and definition are also explained
- Then, we will learn about some basic facts about them. Like
- Are microorganisms unicellular or multicellular
- Where do microorganisms live
- Are microorganisms good for us, or are bad for us?
- Some important uses of Microorganisms - in making curd, bread, alcohol, medicines, agriculture
- Harmful Microorganisms like Pathogens - which causes diseases in Humans, Animals and Plants
- The Disease caused by microorganism, which microorganisms caused it, and how is it transmitted
- Then, we will learn about Food Poisoning
- A basic introduction about Food Preservation
- And finally, we will learn about what is Nitrogen Fixation
- And What Nitrogen Cycle is
In addition to this, we have added some important questions... which you can check in the Extra Question section below.
Click on a link below to start doing the chapter